Tuesday, December 24, 2013

X-Mas Eve-Eve

So it's the Eve of Christmas Eve, or 'twas the night before the night before.

Not all is merry and bright.

But I have decided that i do need to Blog more. The stupid need to be outed and scorned!  They must pay! They must be punished!  They must...... okay, okay, was getting carried away for a moment there.

Well here is the update:  I am no longer at the convenience store. I have been at KableTown* (Not the real company name) for just over 3 years now.  Bill & I split and went out separate ways about the same time I started working here. I have been with Eric (my soul mate almost 3 years and we are blissfully happy, planning for wedding bells all that jazz.   But this is not that kind of blog.


Any way It's X-mas eve-eve, and not all is merry and bright. Especially some of the real gems I have had to deal with today. tech Support hell - holiday style.

I talked to a very lovely lady, lets call her 'Cruella', call since she is having e-mail issues. The issue is that she can not get her e-mail thru iMail* it will not send or receive. She is also having issues with the browser on her GrannySmith* computer.  First problem is she will not listen as i am trying to explain to her that iMail is NOT a KableTown product and we do not offer full support for it. However after we verify that she i able to log into her e-mail thru out website I will be happy to walk her thru making sure the settings are right in iMail.  NOPE. not gonna happen, she does not want to do it She wants a damn tech out to her house.  So I explain to her that is not going to resolve the issues. Out tech do not set up 3rd party email clients. We are not NerdHerd* (yes that is a 'Chuck" reference.) I finally manage to get her to cooperate enough to try accessing our website using InfernoCanidae* Guess What?  Even though that is a unreliable browser at best she can log in and get her e-mail. Her bloody e-mail is working.  I really should of cut my losses and ended the call at that point. How ever I do believe in customer service even if the customer does not deserve it. Once again i offer to walk her thru the iMail settings (which honestly takes 5 minutes to help a customer get their mail set up). AHHHH HELL NO. She starts calling me 'Lady" and DEMANDING  that i send a tech. And once again I explain to her a tech is not needed no will they be able to fix the issue.  This is not a SERVICE issue, and i suggest that she call GrannySmith* because iMail is THEIR product.  She is not having it. I inform her that a tech visit will cost $50. (which always goes over well), I proceed to tell her about our Maintenance Prophylactic Program* which is less than $5 a month, and adding it today will prevent a service charge for sending out the tech that is not going to be able to fix the issue in the first place.  NOPE. OK fine, I am don't trying to talk reason and actually help this person that can't understand normal thinking. Besides i am late for my lunch anyway, I schedule a service call for the end of the week. I end the call and take my lunch.

Get back from lunch and Chuck*, our acting sup, about that account. Apparently she called back three times is it was escalated to a supervisor. At least we were consistent when she called everyone told her the same thing. Including Chuck.  Last i heard we still have the appt scheduled for her.

Thanks Cruella! You win today's Can't Understand Normal Thinking award!

They say you can't fix stupid, not even with duct tape. I say you are just not using enough duct tape!

No comments:

Post a Comment