Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Holiday Hell - Tales from the Grinch side...

Once again it's that time of year. 'Holiday Season' is upon us and in full swing.  What is supposed to be a 'joyous' time of year, is a flipping joke.  The holidays bring out the worst in people. The well-to-do get everything they want (as usual), the 'poor & under privileged'(and undeserving in some cases) have their hands out (as usual), and the hard working lower-middle class get shafted (as usual).  The same as it is year round, just more publicized during this time of year. 
Yes, I truly despise this time of year. But, with that being said, I don't hate everything about the holidays. I love the Christmas lights, the cinnamon scented pine-cones, the pretty trees, egg-nog, and some of the good-ole X-mas specials like Rudolph & Frosty.  The things I can't stand are the pushy self-entitled assholes that think it's their right to have every thing they want right now, deserving or not, fuck everyone else:  the bell ringers, the donation beggars, would you like to donate to blah blah (and look at you like you are scum when you say no); and the constant un-ending x-mas music.
Lets start with the bell ringers. Out in front of every store starting black Friday till x-mas day. "Merry Christmas" "Happy Holidays". Put your change in the bucket. They are getting brazen, rude and pushy. "Please help the less-fortunate." and I am polite, I say no thank you and try to walk on. They get in my way as if it is the law that i have to donate. "Why? You think you are better than them?"  did i say that i was? No. i said no thank you and tried to go about my business, and they have to stick their nose in MY BUSINESS. "No, I do not think i am better than them. Honey, I am the less fortunate." and they scoff.  "I bust my ass, I have a job. I work hard (when my health allows) I am not out begging, stealing or crap like that.  Who is helping me??? Who is making donations to me to help keep a roof over my head?  Gas in my car?  Pay my bills? Keep food on my table? No one that's who. Not a damn soul. And how much of these donations actually go to the 'poor & less fortunate'? Very damn little. And how do you screen the people that you are allegedly trying to help? Hmmm?  You don't know me, you don't know my story. You think that because i am carrying a purse that has a logo on it (it's a fake, and was a gift at that) and that i am wearing semi-nice clothes (from Value Village & Wal-Mart) that you have the right to judge me. To assume that I have the means to 'donate' to the buy a bum a beer fund? Fuck you, and get out of my face before I shove those jingle bells down your holly, jolly fucking throat & have a nice day."  Yes this actually happened a couple years back. 





No comments:

Post a Comment