Wednesday, December 25, 2013

HEY UPS & NORAD get your shit together!

So it's officially the Night before X-Mas. On my phone I have the NORAD Santa Tracker, Google's Santa Tracker, and the UPS package tracker app; It's Christmas Eve, you think NORAD would have their shit together and that their Santa Tracker app would work. NOPE!  Crashes and force closes the instant i try to see where the Jolly Fat Man is. There are some houses that I hope the reindeer pay a "special" visit to. Looks like I am just going to stick w/ Google. (UPDATE:  the NORAD app finally started working on both my devices by 6pm last night)  And I am about to add a couple of UPS locations in Texas to my list.

My precious Tablet took a major shit and turned itself into a paperweight after an update back on the 13th. Tried all the troubleshooting steps including a factory reset. Didn't help. So tech support e-mailed m a shipping label since my precious is still under warranty,  I boxed it up and it was on it's way by the 16th, Everything was fine and dandy till it reached Texas.

LocationDateLocal TimeActivity
Mesquite, TX, United States12/24/201311:00 A.M.Your package encountered a delay. We expect your delivery will be postponed by one business day.
Mesquite, TX, United States12/23/20131:00 P.M.Your package encountered a delay. We expect your delivery will be postponed by one business day.
Dallas, TX, United States12/22/20131:31 P.M.Departure Scan
Mesquite, TX, United States12/21/201311:38 P.M.Arrival Scan
Dallas, TX, United States12/20/20139:00 A.M.Your package encountered a delay. We expect your delivery will be postponed by one business day.
12/20/201312:02 A.M.Arrival Scan
Vernon, TX, United States12/19/20138:30 P.M.Departure Scan
12/19/20136:08 P.M.Arrival Scan

WTF???? It's final destination is Plano, TX. Which is 35.61 miles from Dallas, when you go thru Mesquite. (I map quested it!)  

I would REALLY REALLY like my tablet to reach its destination before year end, so that it can be repaired or they can send me a refurbished one. Currently I am using a borrowed net book since our laptops are in the shop (pawnshop that is).  I am kinda going thru withdrawals here. Having to do crosswords by HAND. Reading books that re made out of PAPER. Handwriting my blogs just so i can type them later....... What is this the DARK AGES?  I know 1st World problems, right??????   

Ya know, I think I am going to do what people that call into KableTown* do.  I'm going to call my tablet manufacturer and scream, and rant, and rave that they have not received my tablet.  The delays must be their fault....I mean it is their shipping label...... Sounds fair to me. People seem to think that it is OK to call and scream at me because their TV is on the wrong input or channel (ie: PC instead of HDMI, or channel 5 instead of 3)  Or that their computer will not turn on.  Or better yet I must have been the one that came over to their house clear across the damn US from where I am located and unplugged their modem.   Yep seems fair to me.

Bah Humbug!

No comments:

Post a Comment