Thursday, September 2, 2010

Moving On & Getting Over It

I have moved. The end of  June actually.  Due to Jessica’s  being transferred and demoted and Arnold’s complete lack of willingness to work we had to move. I was fortunate enough to get myself a quaint one bedroom apartment not too far from where we were living. They are staying with friends.  So lets go back to the last part  of July shall we. ………

It’s a nice sunny summer day. My boyfriend Bill and I are out and about  checking out area pawn shops looking at  various stuff.  We walk into “Pawn-aholics” (not the actual shop name)  and he wanders off to go look at stuff when out the corner of my eye I see a violin hanging on there wall that bears an uncanny resemblance to one that I had that went missing  about Xmas time when I was still living with Jessica and Arnold (and his thieving couch crashing  homie Roland) I walk up to the clerk and tell him that i think that they have stolen merchandise on their wall. He takes it down so I can examine it and sure enough it “was” mine. I ask if it came with a case and proceed to describe the case and the contents of the case sight unseen to the clerk.  He retrieves the case and my description was spot on.  At the time it went missing I did not file a police report.  So Bill and I rush to my apartment and I start ripping through boxes looking for something, anything that has the violins serial number on it to prove that it was mine. I am nowhere near unpacked yet so papers are flying everywhere.  It’s a virtual rainfall of sheets of paper as I desperately search. FINALLY I locate the one piece of paper that I needed.  The original receipt from when I got the violin.  We rush back to the pawn shop and I tell them that I have proof that it is mine. We go verify the serial number JUST incase I was mistaken.  NOPE! The number matched the receipt.  I step outside and call the police so they can come down and I can file a police report.  While we are waiting I shoot Jessica a text message letting her know that I found my violin. She was going to buy it from me so we could give it to a friend of ours kid for Xmas.  But it went missing…..

So the police show up.  The clerk shows them the instrument and I show them the receipt.  The officer has the clerk pull the pawn slip.  It was pawned by someone at our old address. I ask if it was Roland Stealshit.  The officer does not answer right away.  While the officer talks to the clerk I browse through the jewelry since I was missing some rings (I did file a report on that)  The officer comes over and asks me if I knew  Arnold Betraymytrust. I just stared at the officer. I was in utter shock!!!!!! I trusted him!  I have known him for several years!!!! I considered him family. He may be lazy and an ass at times but to steal from me????????? When it went missing he lied to Jessica and me saying he didn’t know a thing about it and that it was probably Roland.   Now I got to think fast.  I do not  this to end up burning Jessica. So I call her.  And tell her what is going on.  She is just as shocked as I am.  We decide to not press charges and she  is going to pay me for the violin.  Which I tell the police  Needless to say Arnold is now persona non grata with me.  I see him in a store I walk the other way.  He was a friend on the big 2 social networking sites.  NOPE now he is blocked. However if my jewelry shows up  linked to him I will not be so kind. 

-Jezebelle Lee Compton

No comments:

Post a Comment